17 November 2008

A funny thing happened on the way

To swallowing some beer. I'm outside stripping leaves off branches and piling them up, trying to get this damn yard cleaned up before Flint and I get sued for someone eating shit on the sidewalk because leaves and crap are all over it. So, as I am wont to do, I have a refreshing beer handy since it's nice and warm outside, and I decide it's time for a quick break. Having left my beer unattended on the patio table, I assumed it was safe from bad guys and beer-nappers alike. I tip it back ever so gently to my lips, not wanting it to fizz up or anything, preparing for a flawless drink (no backwash).

Hmm... that's funny... beers don't normally have soft little lumps in them. I promptly spew a mouthful of booze all over the patio. I inspect. A bee cleans himself off and prepares for flight. I check my cheeks and tongue for the telltale signs of a sting (pain). I'm clear. I congratulate myself on again saving the life of a drone (Flint being the first, though not in quite the same sense), and continue on with my branch-hauling.

The end.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bzzzz

11/17/2008  
Blogger Altered Egoist said...

Honey flavored beer?

11/23/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post is so 9 days ago

11/26/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.