31 December 2007

Happy New Year, WTF?

It's upon us already, the new year. Even though "the darkest evening of the year" has come and gone, we still must endure the coldest stretch of pain. So I bid farewell to the crappiest year in record history, and look forward to welcoming the new and improved, "now with good news!" year. Unfortunately, I must welcome it with swollen glands, a dry cough, and a sinusful of snot. Ah... Such is life. No wild parties for a bug this year. What's that twitch in my gut? Oh, it must be my liver dancing for joy. Don't count your chickens just yet, liver. But I digress.

Year-end is the time both to reflect and to look forward, and fittingly I have made a list of resolutions. And now, your favorite part, the list:

1. I resolve to floss more thoroughly, more regularly, and with more delight at fishing out that gunk.
2. I resolve to continue my research into how exactly MF can live in such a foul habitat, and how I have been conditioned to accept this as normal.
3. I resolve to vacuum twice monthly. Ha. Who am I kidding. Twice yearly. Resolutions should be reasonable and reachable, according to what my research indicates.
4. I resolve to always include posts with post titles.
5. I resolve not to make any resolutions that will make me depressed when I break them.

I wish you the best, my little darlings, and hope that the new year sucks less than whatever years sucked more. Oh, also, I watched The Sound of Music last night, and so, I bid you adieu. To yu and yu and yu. I now resolve to hike over the Alps in Springtime with no luggage and sing show tunes at the top of my lungs. Someday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! And cheers, Liver.

12/31/2007  
Blogger Hoban Family said...

Happy New Year Bug! I love you more than my luggage! :)

1/01/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.