06 January 2006

So the office is just about done.

They were right! I could do it! They could help! And also my loyal helper/painting/bitching about stuff buddy. We made jokes about being "closet perfectionists" while we painted the closet, it was delightful, truly. I'd show you pictures but MF ran off with the camera this morning; he's awfully important and he needs to use HIS camera as the one provided at his place of employment simply won't do. I don't know why, exactly; ask him. Anyway, we've got 3 walls of "sage green" and then the pivotal accent wall is now a striking "impending dusk." Or something about dusk. It's sort of a dusty blue. Or dusky blue, if you will. I've got designs of stenciling some viney action onto it, because the contrast doesn't work quite as well as I'd hoped, and that may tie it all together.

And the closet, with all its duskiness, is that term for half-good half-bad that I can't think of now: all the dirt and crap and boogies and whatever else the people that lived here before stuck on the walls in there is gone and we've got a nice clean slate, but unfortunately it's a really dark, slate-blue slate, and so the closet is somewhat cave-like. Good for curling up in the fetal position and crying while listening to Depeche Mode (which I'm very much looking forward to one of these evenings), bad for finding stored things. I may someday get around to painting it white, but until then I think I'll just have to live with it. After all, I start school in a week, and I don't really have time right now, what with so much painting still to be done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.