29 January 2006

The Art of Procrastination

When, in the course of student events, it becomes necessary to procrastinate, one is reassured that it takes very, very little skill to procrastinate. Unfortunately, it takes much, much more to do it well. Take, for example, my short (1 page) paper due in a few short hours. I am to analyze a poem. I have read said poem (strikingly beautiful). I am now tired. I would like to go to sleep now, rather than writing a paper. And will I? No! But why, you ask? Because. I. Must. Blog. Here is the art in it: I am subconsciously mulling over the intricacies of my paper even as I type this mundane horseshit. I am plotting my major points and developing a thesis that would shred your heart to read it. And then, after I have finished my blogging business here, I will type a little, and then I will have a cookie (a cherry chip's deliciousness is never done), and then I will surf craigslist a little. (You see, I have need for a new camera, and, AG/AE, if you would be so kind as to read your goddamn email, you would know that I want your advice.) Sorry. As I was saying, after I have surfed and cookied and possibly accomplished some miscellaneous whatnoting, I will then have almost completely written my paper mentally, and all I'll have to do is type it. But hey, that can wait 'till the morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Man said...

mundane horseshit? it's only the finest writing in existence throughout the known universe.

1/30/2006  
Blogger Bug said...

Ah, Riley... You don't even know how much self-worth I will attach to a cooment such as yours. By the way...you saw the post I wrote for you I hope?

1/30/2006  
Blogger Altered Egoist said...

I DID read my goddamned e-mail and responded goddamnittt! Hey you want my old camera? It's 3 meg pix but it worked great for me?

1/31/2006  
Blogger Bug said...

AG, I posted that days before your response, you're not fooling anyone. And as far as your dinky 3mp goes, I really want to go spend more than I need to right now. xoxoxo

1/31/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.