05 March 2007

Life Was Easier When I Drank My Coffee Black

Only marginally, really, but now it seems that since I entered the world of non-dairy creamer I have more to think about, more to worry about, and more to do. Including buying my non-dairy creamer. In fact, I have been known to boycott a fresh pot of coffee and drink plain tea (unsweetened--I'll never sink to the level of bastardizing my tea) if there's no creamer left. So this morning, at my bidding, Flint (as in, Flint Steel, superhero--we're bidding farewell to Violet in a gesture of goodwill here) brewed a fresh pot of coffee for me. It was a delightful balance of rich flavor and hot steamy blackness, and yet I chose to profane it with my International Delight Low Fat French Vanilla Non-Dairy Creamer 0 Trans Fat!. And lo and behold, when I tipped the bottle into my second-least-favorite mug, I found he had left about 1/2 teaspoon in the bottle after having his coffee. Now, three or four years ago, this wouldn't have fazed me, but today, it sent me into a near panic: how could I possibly drink my coffee BLACK?!?! I mention this to Flint, who himself isn't a bit fazed since he has nicely-adulterated coffee in his mug. When finally (pretty much immediately) I pulled myself together long enough to open the fridge in despair, I discovered a nice new bottle of International Delight Low Fat French Vanilla Non-Dairy Creamer 0 Trans Fat!. Crisis averted. I am now on my third, internationally delightful, cup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hoban Family said...

Yum!

3/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.