01 September 2006

Sudoku: My Undoing, My Downfall, My Love

Oh, my cupcakes, am I in for it. And by "in for it" I mean that I'm REALLY in for it. Unless of course you count death or loss of limb or vomiting on a slippery floor and then sliding on the vomit into a wall that has been freshly painted, in which case that might be worse.

You see, I have discovered the crossword of numbers. The puzzle of logic. The meaning of life. Yes, my darlings, I have discovered sudoku. During the time in which I could have read a good 50 pages of Faulkner last night, I mastered the art of feeling like one is getting something done when in fact one is wasting one's life. Much like my parents at solitaire and online poker, I have fallen into the trap we all know as "just one more game." And if you choose pure the letter of the law over the meaning, this will always be true. One more game. That's it. Just one more.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOHHHhhhhhh NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! You can't be addicted to blogging and sudoku both! Especially not when you have a hard sememster! NO! Don't do it! The books are good. Now, go read them.

9/01/2006  
Blogger Bug said...

The books are good, right now I'm reading If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem. It's pretty incredible, and I'm only 150 pages in.

9/02/2006  
Blogger Altered Egoist said...

Crosswords are better, I hate math. I hate word verification even more and will continue to harass you until you cease and desist this waste of my good time.

9/02/2006  
Blogger Bug said...

I WAS going to turn it off, but now that I know you're trying to blackmail me, I'm going to leave it up. And also, I still do crosswords. My life is very rich indeed.

9/03/2006  
Blogger Altered Egoist said...

Ummm, errr, eeep! So how DO you turn it off as catnip has just brought it to my attention that MY blog has it as well.

9/03/2006  
Blogger Altered Egoist said...

Okay, never mind! Found it. Mine is off and while your's remains on you shall no longer have to suffer my comments!

9/03/2006  
Blogger Bug said...

At least I post often enough for people to want to comment at all, you half-assed "blogger." And don't bother making any comments about me not having a life or a fancy "job" or anything. I know my status. My verification word, by the way, was "bloggingmasteroftheuniverseforeversothere."

9/03/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.