21 January 2006

Why I Hate Winter, Part III

And this really ties back into I and II: it's cold. The heat is turned up to 67, and the thermostat says it is 68, and yet I am in sweats, fuzzy socks (they're cute), and a scarf. Yes, a scarf. And still, my nose is cold, and therefore threatening to make me sneeze (don't even try to pretend you don't know of the frozen-booger phenomenon of which I speak). How on Earth can I possibly concentrate on the Shakespeare paper I'm writing? By loving it, that's how! Yes, I hate winter, but I love my Brit Lit class (Honors, no less) with all my heart, and I have, quite possibly, the best professor ever. And we're starting with poetry! Even having to write a paper after the first week of class does not vex me, because I get to go back to class to turn it in! Hooray!

But back to hating winter... it snowed a couple days ago. There is still goddamn snow on the ground. It is cold, I have to go to school in the cold, and when I come bi-level, it is cold inside. Even my dogs are cold. I am losing entire weekends to lying in bed, and in no way am I implying that my mustache-wearing incident last weekend had anything to do with this.

And as a final, unrelated comment, why in the hell is the national security level still Bert? Isn't there a threat of attack? Isn't Bin Laden out and about? What the hell? How can we be expected to care, be alert, and fear for our safety and impending doom while the unibrow still keeps its vigil?

1 Comments:

Blogger Altered Egoist said...

Crap! I guess that means the nice run of 58 deg weather we've been having here in NY is about to end.

1/21/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.