30 October 2005

The Gods Must Be Pissed

The freaking game was rigged from the start! Remember that I said that. I should have known I was in for it, having been born on the so-called "day of long odds." No, it wasn't a Friday, so f**king what--it was the 13th. Basically (word to AG) the deck was stacked against me at birth, and nothing I do comes easy. Any skills I have (numbchuck, computer hacking, etc.) are practiced and perfected; I am not a "natural" anything. (Oh, and that line about Tuesday's child? Yeah, that's horseshit.) This includes any sort of working knowledge pertaining to automobiles, excepting the occasional "ooh, pretty" in which I have modest confidence. Anyway, the check engine light came on tonight, and cue rain, I immediately began to wonder which god I had offended today. I have since concluded it was the god of saving face, since I was reduced to calling in the male auto force to remedy the situation. And, the remedy, you ask? Driving away in his car. Yes, I am fearless. Except when it comes to driving with the check engine light on. And my crazy sister. And some monsters.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if it was a Friday, I'd have more sympathy. Talk to Ms. Friday the 13th about bad luck. At least you've owed a car.

11/07/2005  
Blogger Bug said...

I don't owe that car nothin"!

11/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True. I should have said owned...

11/08/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ha ha. Bzzz. Goodbye.